Texas Comptroller Leadership Circle
The Comptroller of Public Accounts launched the Texas Comptroller Leadership Circle program in December 2009 to recognize local governments across Texas that are striving to meet a high standard for financial transparency online.
We are spotlighting those local governments that are:
- opening their books to the public
- providing clear, consistent pictures of spending
- sharing information in a user-friendly format that lets taxpayers easily drill down for more information.
As of Dec 3, 2012, 317 Texas cities, counties, school districts and special districts were active members of the Leadership Circle.
Leadership Circle designees are presented with a certificate reflecting their Circle Award level: Gold, Silver or Bronze.
“Gold” highlights those entities that are setting the bar with their transparency efforts.
“Silver” encourages those who are making progress.
“Bronze” inspires those who are just beginning their transparency efforts.
The newest designees are:
- GOLD: City of Austin, City of Denton, City of DeSoto, City of Shavano Park, Ector County, Georgetown ISD, and Travis County ESD #3.
- SILVER: Bowie County, City of Alvin, and City of Hutto.